Applications for the Veterans United Foundation Scholarship are now being accepted. This call is specially targeted to surviving spouse or a surviving child of a deceased service member from a service-related death OR a veteran with a 100% service-connected disability. They must be currently or will be pursuing education in college or university. 10 winners will be selected to receive $3, 000 each. The deadline is September 30th.
The Veterans United Foundation Scholarship creates opportunities for family members of service members and Veterans to achieve their educational dreams. Launched in 2012, the scholarship program is funded by contributions from Veterans United Home Loans and its employees.
Ten winners will be selected to receive $3,000 each.
Level and Area of Studies
College or university level in any field.
Place of study
At any college or university in the United States.
Eligibility and Requirement
All participants must satisfy the requirements as follow:
- A surviving spouse or a surviving child of a deceased service member from a service-related death OR a veteran with a 100% service-connected disability.
- Currently enrolled or planning to enroll in a college or university by the spring semester of 2021
- Pursuing an associate’s, bachelor’s, graduate, post-graduate or doctoral degree
- Comfortable with sharing personal stories and aspirations with Veterans United Foundation
- Able to provide the following within three business days of application submission: Deceased parent or spouse’s military documents (DD214 and death certificate /or DD1300), Official benefit letter showing disability rating (if applicable), Full FAFSA submission, Proof of enrollment from your accredited college or university and Government-issued photo ID.
- Able to provide Veterans United Foundation with receipts or invoices related to eligible educational costs as they are incurred in order to receive payment. Eligible costs include tuition, books, fees, school materials and some aspects of room and board as determined by Veterans United Foundation.
Please submit your application online via the link below.
30 September 2020.