VIB, a life sciences research institute in Flanders, Belgium is offering a-partially funded Postdoctoral Position in the area of interplay between autophagy, cell death and inflammation. The program is open to applicants from all over the world. Applications are now accepted.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and extremely motivated postdoctoral fellow to study the role of RIPK1 in autophagy, and to characterize the interplay between RIPK1’s functions in autophagy, cell death and inflammation.
The position is partially funded by the Belgian Excellence of Science (EOS) program to perform research in the framework of the MODEL-IDI (MOlecular mechanisms of cellular DEath and Life decisions in Inflammation, Degeneration and Infection), a research consortium made of biologists, immunologists, chemists and physicians that aims at performing fundamental research on the biology of cell death modalities and their consequences on the onset/progression of diseases.
Level and Area of Studies
Postdoctoral positions in in the area of interplay between autophagy, cell death and inflammation.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Belgium.
Eligibility and Criteria
- PhD degree in the fields of sciences, biomedical sciences, biotechnology and biochemistry, or bioengineering.
- Strong publication records.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong passion for life sciences.
- The candidate is expected to work both independently and in a team spirit.
- Experience in the study of RIPKs, cell death, inflammation, infection and/or autophagy is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of English (oral and written).
There is no nationality restriction.