The application for Violet and Cyril Franks Scholarship are now accepted. This scholarship supports research in stigma related to mental illness. Up to $5,000 will be awarded to the winners of this scholarship. Please submit your application no later than 15 May every year
The American Psychological Foundation annually sponsors APF Violet and Cyril Franks Scholarship. The scholarship is made possible by the generosity of Drs. Violet and Cyril Franks. It supports graduate-level scholarly projects that use a psychological perspective to help understand and reduce stigma associated with mental illness. The scholarship helps address research which shows that stigma is a significant barrier to treatment and recovery for many of the 50 million Americans living with mental illness.
The selected applicants may expect to receive up to $5,000
Level and Area of Studies
Graduate level in psychological studies.
Place of Study
In the United States of America
Eligibility and Criteria
In order to be eligible to this scholarship candidates must be:
- Full-time graduate student.
- Good standing at an accredited university.
- Demonstrated commitment to stigma issues.
- IRB approval must be received from host institution before funding can be awarded if human participants are involved.
U.S students may apply this scholarship
To apply this Violet and Cyril Franks Scholarship, you must provide the following compulsory documents:
- Description of proposed project to include goal, relevant background, target population, methods, and anticipated outcomes (format: 5 pages; 1-inch margins, no smaller than 11-point font).
- Letter of recommendation from faculty advisor.
15 May every year.