The University of Waikato is delighted to offer a number of doctoral scholarships. Those scholarships are open to either domestic or overseas students. They must be enrolling in a Doctor of Philosophy or a Doctor of Musical Arts, and in Part 2 only of a Doctor of Education or a Doctor of Juridical Science. Successful applicants will receive up to $22,000/year plus other benefits. No application will be accepted after 31 January 2019.
- The value of the scholarship shall be a living allowance of up to $22,000 per annum, payable in monthly instalments, and the domestic tuition fees for enrolment in the doctoral programme during the term of the Scholarship. The living allowance will be paid on a pro-rata basis for approved parttime students.
- A thesis preparation grant of up to $400 is available to assist with thesis printing costs provided the thesis is submitted within four years of the commencement of doctoral enrolment.
- The value of the Scholarship may be revised at the discretion of the University.
Level and Area of Studies
PhD degree in musical art, phylosophy, education and Juridical Science.
Place of Study
At the University of Waikato in New Zealand.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The Scholarship is open to New Zealand citizens, permanent residents, and international students.
- Doctoral Scholarships are open to students enrolling in a Doctor of Philosophy or a Doctor of Musical Arts, and in Part 2 only of a Doctor of Education or a Doctor of Juridical Science.
- Scholarship applications will only be considered once the applicant has received an Offer of Place to study for a doctoral qualification at the University of Waikato (see Regulation 3.1).
- A candidate will normally be seeking to obtain their first doctoral qualification.
- A candidate already enrolled in a doctoral degree at the University of Waikato can apply. However, the Selection Panel will favour applications from new doctoral candidates. Should an enrolled candidate be successful, the Scholarship tenure may be reduced.
- Applicants should normally be intending to study full-time at the University of Waikato.
There is no nationality restriction.
Applicants must submit an “Application to Enroll” to apply to study a doctoral qualification at the University of Waikato prior to, or at the same time as, applying for a Doctoral Scholarship.
31 January 2019.