The Wayne Black Scholarship is now open. To be eligible, students must be currently attending U.S. or Canadian college and pursuing undergraduate degree in one of the defined fields below. Students’ academic performance is primary consideration of selecttion. Please note, only U.S. and Canadian citizens are welcome to apply.
From 1964 until his retirement in 2007, Mr. Black represented oil and gas companies, electric utilities and others before the FCC and elsewhere on a wide variety of telecommunications matters. Among other things, he assisted countless energy companies in securing radio authorizations and waivers, participating in FCC rulemaking proceedings, and representing their interests before the Commission, the courts and the United States Congress. He had served as General Counsel of ENTELEC since the 1970s. In recognition of his many years of service on behalf of ENTELEC, the Board of Directors determined to establish a lasting tribute to Mr. Black with the creation of the annual scholarship in his name.
The amount of the Wayne Black Scholarship award as established by the Board of ENTELEC will be $5,000.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate degree in one the fields as follow:
- Engineering/Engineering Technology
- Computer Science/MIS
- Political Science
- Telecommunications/Information Technology
Place of Study
The study will be taken in the United States or Canada.
Eligibility and Criteria
- To be eligible for consideration, the Applicant must be a currently enrolled full- time undergraduate student in good academic standing at an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada.
- The Applicant must be working towards a Bachelor’s degree in one of the curricula mentionded above.
- The Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident or Canadian citizen.
- Family members of active members of the ENTELEC Board of Directors are not eligible to apply.
The citizens of Canada and USA are invited to apply.
- Download the “Wayne V. Black Memorial Scholarship” Application from the ENTELEC website, www.entelec.org. You can submit the application via email or by hard copy mailed to our office by the deadline.
- Complete the Application and prepare the following documents (ALL submitted documents must be typewritten): Biography: 1 page. (12-point font, double spaced), Essay on the topic assigned by the Scholarship Committee. The essay (including citations, references, bibliography, etc.) shall not be more than 5 pages (12-point font, double spaced), and A copy of the official transcript of record MAY be required for finalists upon request by ENTELEC.
- All documents submitted shall become the property of ENTELEC.
Documents may be submitted electronically via email to Christi Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may mail documents to:
3341 Regent Blvd., Suite 130 – 325
Irving, TX 75063
8 February 2019.