Entries for the Weiser Center for Emerging Democracies Postdoctoral Fellowship are now being invited. Entries will be accepted until January 15, 2018. This award is exclusively intended to those who have successfully defended and filed their dissertation before beginning the fellowship. Winners will receive $50,000 salary plus other benefits. Expired 160 days ago, try next time!
The Weiser Center for Emerging Democracies (WCED) at the University of Michigan invites postdoctoral scholars to apply for the Emerging Democracies Postdoctoral Fellowship. The fellowship supports research on the broad historical, political, economic, and societal conditions under which democracies emerge and autocracies endure. Emerging Democracies Postdoctoral Fellows are expected to focus on their own research, participate in WCED workshops and events, and present one public lecture during their fellowship year.
Three winners will get a salary of $50,000 and $7,000 in research funds.
Level and Area of Studies
Postdoctoral degree in any field.
Place of Study
At Michigan University in the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Fellows are welcomed from all disciplines.
- Fellows must have successfully defended and filed their dissertation before beginning the fellowship.
- Eligibility is restricted to those who have received their Ph.D. after January 1, 2017.
The United States citizens are welcome to apply.
All candidates are required to submit the materials as follow:
- A two-page research plan that outlines the research project and how the fellow will spend his/her time during the fellowship year
- Curriculum Vitae
- A scholarly writing sample, such as a dissertation chapter, conference paper, or journal article
- Two letters of recommendation
January 15, 2019, 11:59 PM EST.