The Department of Jobs, Tourism, Science and Innovation is pleased to invite announce two type Western Australian Japanese Studies Scholarship; the Western Australian Japanese Studies Scholarship; and the Western Australian / Hyogo Prefecture Japanese Studies Scholarship.Australian students are welcome to apply. The deadline is August 10 every year.
The Department of Jobs, Tourism, Science and Innovation was formed on 1 July 2017 as part of the Western Australian Government’s Machinery of Government changes. The department is Western Australia’s lead agency for economic development, international trade and investment, and tourism. It also leads the promotion and development of the defence, international education, science and innovation sectors in Western Australia.
The winning students will receive benefit: as follow:
- A return economy airfare from Perth to Japan;
- A maintenance allowance of ¥200,000 per month; and
- An initial allowance of $3,000 for fees and other expenses.
Level and Area of Studies
Graduate Japanese study programme.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Japan or Australia.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The scholarships provide promising students or graduates, who are proficient in the Japanese language, with the opportunity to spend up to one year studying at a university in Japan.
- Applicants must have Australian citizenship or evidence that Australian Citizenship status will be approved prior to departure for Japan.
- Be a student of a higher education institution in Western Australia, or an institution of equivalent standing, and have completed at least two years of full-time study (or equivalent part-time study) in an appropriate Japanese language course, by the end of this year. OR
- Be a graduate from a university, having a reasonable command of the Japanese language and developed an interest in Japan through employment or further studies.
- Be planning to attend a university or college of higher education in Japan
Austrian citizens are invited to apply.
Please go to the link below to download the application form.
10 August every year.