The Western Union Scholarship Program is open every year. Students from all over the world are invited to apply. They must be undertaking bachelor program in the field of science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and business/entrepreneurship.
The Western Union Foundation Global Scholarship Program (WU Scholars) is a program designed to support young people across the world and their efforts to pursue a post-secondary education. Selected scholarship recipients will receive USD $2,500 each to contribute toward tuition or school fees at an accredited post-secondary institution and will be selected based on criteria relating to the program’s three pillars: Perseverance, Aspiration, and Community.
The winning students will receive $2500 towards tuition and school fees.
Level and Area of Studies
Bachelor program in the field of the field of science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and business/entrepreneurship.
Place of Study: Any.
Eligibility and Criteria
- All applicants must be pursuing a degree/field of study in one of those states above.
- All applicants for scholarships must be between the ages of 18 – 26 years of age.
- Application must be submitted in English. Translation services may be used to help non-English speakers submit. You will not be penalized for basic errors.
- Must be able to demonstrate admittance to an accredited post-secondary institution or have applied for admittance.
- Must provide a letter of recommendation from a teacher or professor. If a teacher or professor is unable to submit a recommendation on your behalf, you may also use someone who has supervised you in a youth/community group, volunteer position, job/employment situation, etc.
- Scholarships must be used on programs resulting in an undergraduate degree. Specialized academic programs (study abroad term, stand-alone language acquisition course, service learning, etc.) are not permitted.
- Scholarships may not be used for advanced degrees, such as Masters, PhD, JD, etc.
- Scholarships may be used for tuition or school fees during the academic term immediately following scholarship winner selections (estimated in July). Funds cannot be used for room and board or for school supplies.
- Immediate family members of controlling officers in Western Union, any of its affiliates and non-affiliated nonprofit entities, or its Agents are not eligible to participate in the scholarship program. All other employees and their family members who meet the other eligibility requirements may apply.
There is no nationality restriction to apply the Western Union Scholarship.
Please click the link below to apply this Western Union Scholarship .
Please anticipate the deadline in April every year.