The Westpac Bicentennial Foundation is currently accepting applications for the Westpac Research Fellowship. Eligible candidates should be the citizens or permanent residents of Australia. The winning fellows will receive research grant of up to $460,000. To apply, entries can be submitted in August every year.
Westpac Bicentennial Foundation is partnering with Australia’s leading research universities to offer four Westpac Research Fellowships valued at up to $460,000 over three years. This unique fellowship supports outstanding early career researchers whose ground-breaking work has the potential to make a difference in one of the Foundation’s focus areas:
- Technology and innovation
- Strengthening Australia-Asia ties
- Enabling positive social change
Each of the winning fellows will receive benefits as follow:
- Salary support for your position
- Opportunity for professional development and global experiences
Level and Area of Studies
Research program in any subject.
Place of Study
The research will be taken in Australia.
Eligibility and Criteria
- You are an Australian citizen or permanent resident;
- You have been awarded a PhD or have obtained an Eligibility Exemption from the Deputy Vice Chancellor;
- Your proposed area of research is in a field of research at a participating university with an Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) four digit Field of Research (FOR) rating of 5. For a comprehensive list of FOR codes by university, visit the Australian Research Council’s website;
- You are able to commence your research by the defined date;
- Your proposed research will contribute to the future of Australia in one of the Foundation’s three focus areas (please note; funding requests for the purpose of medical research asdefined in the ARC Medical Research Policy available on the Australian Research Council website will not be considered;)
- Your proposed research includes international opportunities to develop your leadership skills and global networks, such as; study tours for the purpose of research, attending a short course or conference, an internship or volunteering;
- You are able to supply two letters of reference, one academic reference and one personal reference; and a letter of support from the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Research);
- You are able to attend a national selection panel held in Sydney.
Only Australian citizens or permanent residents are invited to apply.
Please visit the website and application link below to see further instruction.
You may expect the deadline at the end of August annually.