The American India Foundation (AIF) is calling applications for the William J. Clinton Fellowship Program. The fellowship is available for both US and Indian applicants. Fellows will be conducting research in the fields of education, livelihoods, and public health in Idia. Expired 109 days ago, try next time!
The William J. Clinton Fellowship for Service in India is an immersive, 10-month volunteer service program matching young professionals with development organizations. Fellows work on scalable and sustainable development projects in the fields of education, livelihoods, technology and innovation, and public health. The AIF Clinton Fellowship is helping to shape the next generation of leaders committed to positive change while also strengthening civil society in both the U.S. and India.
The fellowship will cover the followings:
- For U.S. Fellows, AIF provides a roundtrip ticket from their point of origin to India, along with insurance coverage and a monthly living stipend. For Indian Fellows, AIF provides domestic travel from their hometowns in India, insurance coverage, and a monthly living stipend. Please note that the stipend is not a salary, but a living stipend designed to enable Fellows to volunteer in India. The stipend covers basic living expenses such as rent, meals and incidentals, and local transportation related to a Fellows’ project.
- The amount of money for living expenses will vary widely upon location. The stipend is designed to allow Fellows a local lifestyle comparable to that of other local staff at their host organizations. Fellows should expect to live modestly and may need to adjust to a different style of living and spending habits than what they are accustomed to.
- The stipend does not cover personal entertainment, non-program related travel, luxury items, or alcoholic beverages. Candidates should plan on bringing additional funds to allow for personal travel and other non-essential items. The amount will depend entirely on your personal spending habits.
Level and Area of Studies
Research program in the fields of education, livelihoods, and public health.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in India.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Be a U.S. or Indian citizen, or a U.S. permanent resident;Be between the ages of 21 and 34 on September 1, 2019;
- Have completed an undergraduate or Bachelor’s degree before the start of the program on September 1, 2019.
The U.S. and Indian nationals are invited to apply.
31 January 2019.