Robert Bosch GmbH, Akademie Schloss Solitude and Wimmelforschung are glad to offer the WimmelResearch Fellowship Program. Applications are expected from German artists who want to participate in maximum three month program studying a relevant field. A range of benefits will be given to the winning fellows. Expired 293 days ago, try next time!.
WimmelResearch-Fellowship will be awarded as part of a joint project between Robert Bosch GmbH, Akademie Schloss Solitude and Wimmelforschung. The collaboration is based on the development of Platform 12, an experimental space designed by the artistic duo Wimmelforschung in collaboration with Bosch as part of Bosch’s new center for research and advance engineering. The purpose of the fellowship is to support encounters as well as interdisciplinary exchange in the context of science, economy and art. The collaboration’s aim is not the production of a specific artistic work, but the encounter and the process of intercommunication itself.
- A stipend amounting to Euro 1,200 monthly (plus one-time expenses incurred by the fellowship holder travelling to and from Stuttgart from his or her primary place of residence)
- If applicable, a project-related budget for the realization of a project
- A combined apartment studio, furnished with electricity, water and heat free of charge
- For the duration of the fellowship the respective artist in her or his role as agent will be mentored by Wimmelforschung and Akademie Schloss Solitude.
Level and Area of Studies
Non – degree program in art – related fields.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Germany.
Eligibility and Criteria
The WimmelResearch-Fellowship addresses artists coming from the disciplines of architecture, visual arts, performing arts, sound, design, literature, time-based media as well as web-based media, who have a serious interest in interdisciplinary exchange. A willingness to open communication and sensibility towards the specific working environment are essential. An active examination and artistic reflection of the respectively encountered working conditions in the context of Platform 12 are required. The decision on content and form of expression of the work are however principally open and left to the artist.
Only German citizens may apply this fellowship.
The application is made online. Submitted material should include:
- A first project proposal (max. 1 Din A4 page)
- A motivation letter (max. 1 Din A4 page)
- A short biography and informative portfolio or documentation on previous artistic work
All documents should be sent exclusively in PDF format via e-mail to: