The Wolfe Study Abroad Scholarship is now open. This scholarship is exclusively open to Ohio residents only. Up to 30 awards are now available. Each of those amounting up to $2,500. Please anticipate the deadline in October and January every year.
The Wolfe Study Abroad Scholarship was established September 1, 1999 to enhance the educational experience of Ohio State students, by providing financial support to participants in Ohio State approved summer, semester or academic year study abroad programs. Programs that occur during winter break or spring break are not eligible. Up to 30 scholarships, in the amount of $2,500 each will be awarded. Students may receive the Wolfe Study Abroad Scholarship one time only. There are two separate Wolfe Study Abroad Scholarship competitions each academic year: the Autumn competition and the Spring competition. The average number of recipients for the autumn competition is 4-6 students. The Average number of recipients for the Spring competition is 22-24 students.
Each of the winning students will receive benefit of $2,500.
Level and Area of Studies
Non degree program in any subjects.
Place of Study
The program should be taken abroad.
Eligibility and Criteria
All applicants are required to satisfy the given criteria as follow:
- Being an Ohio resident, who has graduated from an Ohio high school
- Having a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00
- Sophomore, junior, or senior standing at the time of the study abroad program
- Active application to an Ohio State approved spring semester
- Students must have submitted a complete Study Abroad Application for an Ohio State approved study abroad program to the Office of International Affairs prior to the Wolfe Scholarship application deadline. Students may apply to the Wolfe Scholarship while they are awaiting program application results. However, if the student is selected to receive the Wolfe Scholarship, it cannot be awarded until the student is officially accepted into their study abroad program
Only the United States students who reside in Ohio are invited to apply.
The application form can be downloaded at the website and application link below.
October and January every year.