The Women Techmakers Scholars Program is formerly known as Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Program. This program is open to female students who are currently pursuing degree in computer science. Applications are accepted on annual basis. The deadline is around August every year.
A group of female undergraduate and graduate students will be chosen from the applicant pool, and scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s impact on diversity, demonstrated leadership and academic background. All scholarship recipients will be granted a scholarship amount and invited to attend the annual Women Techmakers Scholars’ Retreat in one Google’s Asia Pacific offices. This retreat will be a great opportunity to connect with fellow scholars, network with Googlers and participate in a number of workshops.
Level and Area of Studies
College level in computer science.
Place of Study
In Pacific countries.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Identify as female.
- Currently be enrolled at an accredited university.
- All students graduating in 2019 and beyond are eligible to apply.
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering or a closely related technical field.
- Demonstrate a strong academic record.
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for increasing the involvement of women in computer science.
The scholarship is open to students from Asia Pacific countries.
The guideline of application can be seen at the link below.
Please anticipate the deadline in August annually.