Applications for the WomenIn Scholarship Program are now being accepted. This is open to any undergraduate or graduate students in the United States. Special condition that candidates must be female student who wish to pursue a career in any aspect of video games. The winner will receive $1, 000.
Applicants to the WomenIn Scholarship must identify as women intending to pursue a career in any aspect of video games including: art, animation, programming, engineering, game direction, game design, sound design, law, marketing, and business administration.
The scholarship winner will receive $1,000 prize.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate and graduate degree in any field.
Place of study
At any institution in the United States.
Eligibility and Requirement
- Must be a full-time undergraduate student or a graduate student attending an accredited college or university during the 2020-21 academic school year.
- Must be 21 years or older by February 14, 2021. If under 21, must acknowledge that they are not eligible to participate in activities during D.I.C.E. Summit including the mentor program on site.
- Major: Any field.
- GPA: 3.3 minimum on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants do not need to be a US citizen or permanent resident to apply. In compliance with federal law, any non-U.S. citizen who receives a scholarship must not be listed on a published “Specifically Designated Nationals” terrorism watch list.
- Family members of AIAS Foundation board and staff and individual major donors of the Foundation (defined as contributors of at least $1000 in donation) are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Academic institutions must be accredited by the standard and customary university/college accrediting institution(s) for the country or countries where they operate. If there is any question as to the accreditation of any academic institution, the Foundation reserves the exclusive right to determine in its sole judgment whether students from that institution will be eligible for Foundation scholarships.
- Previous scholarship recipients are not eligible to apply.
Please see the detail instruction of application process at the link below.
31 May 2020.