The School of Business and Management of the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, also known as HKUST Business School, is glad to invite applications for the Wong Chak Chui Scholarship Program. International students are welcome to apply. Applications are accepted bi-annually; fall and spring term.
With the generous donation by the Wong Chak Chui Charitable Foundation, HKUST School of Business and Management (hereunder, SBM) launched The Wong Chak Chui International Enrichment Scholarship (hereunder, the Scholarship). The purpose of the Scholarship is to provide financial support for undergraduates’ participation in overseas, including Mainland China and Taiwan, for competitions, conferences, community projects, business-related enrichment programs, exchange-out and internship programs.
Each recipient will be awarded a cash sponsorship up to HK$20, 000 (the exact amount is based on the assessment of financial need) upon the completion of the program.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate degree in any field.
Place of Study
In Hong Kong.
Eligibility and Criteria
Interested applicants should note the following selection criteria:
- Undergraduates who are pursuing a degree program offered by the SBM are eligible to apply (for Dual Degree program students, please contact Interdisciplinary Programs Office (IPO) directly for application).
- All applicants must attain a Cumulative Grade Average (CGA) of 2.85 or abovein the current academic year/semester.
- Students are eligible to apply for the Scholarship once within their entire undergraduate studies at SBM. Each recipient will be awarded a cash sponsorship up to HK$20, 000 (the exact amount is based on the assessment of financial need) upon the completion of the program.
- In making the selection of applicants, the Committee shall take into consideration students’ financial needs, e.g. grant and loan offered under the Tertiary Student Finance Scheme (TSFS) or loan offered under the Non-means-tested Loan Scheme (NLSFT), and experience of international exposure, etc. Students with genuine financial needs will have higher priority to be granted with the Scholarship.
- The Scholarships are subject to the Donor’ s confirmation of available funding. The committee reserves the right for the final decision of the selection results.
- Students who are not eligible for the Scholarship will be considered for the
- International Enrichment Grant automatically . Students belong to this category will be informed of the arrangement by SBM.
- Students are eligible to apply only one of the following funding sourcefrom SBM Undergraduate Office with the same selected overseas enrichment program.
There is no citizenship requirement.
All eligible students are advised to learn the application procedure at the link below.
– Fall Term : 31 March
– Spring Term : 31 October.