World Bank Group is pleased to invite applications for the Young Professionals Program (YPP). This call is intended to all citizens of member countries of world Bank. Women and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. 45 to 50 awards are available.
The YPP is a unique opportunity for young professionals who have both a passion for international development and the leadership potential to grow in fascinating top technical and managerial roles in the WBG. The program is designed for highly qualified and motivated individuals skilled in areas relevant to WBG technical/operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources to name a few.
To be competitive, candidates need to demonstrate a commitment to development, proven academic success, professional achievement, and leadership capability.
The winning applicants will receive benefits of Salary, Health, Life, Accident, and Other Insurance Programs, other benefits.
Level & Area of Studies
Non-degree program in the area of Economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources.
Place of study
The program will be taken at World Bank Group (WBG).
Eligibility and Requirements
- Citizenship of a member country of the World Bank Group
- Be born on or after October 1, 1988
- A PhD or Master’s degree and relevant work experience
- Fluency in English
- Full proficiency in one or more of the WBG’s working languages — Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish — is desired, but not required
- Specialization in a field relevant to the WBG Technical/Operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources, and others
- At least three years of relevant professional experience related to development or continued academic study at the doctoral level
To apply, please ensure that you have all the information at hand including key dates, an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV), Education Certificates/Transcripts, PhD Dissertation/Master’s Thesis topics (short summary), if applicable, and the Application Essay ready to be uploaded.
30 June 2020