IIASA’s National Member Organizations are currently accepting applications for the Young Scientists Summer Program. The program open to candidates from all nations. He or she will spend up to three months for conducting relevant research in Austria. Varied amount of stipend and benefits will be given to the winning scholars. Expires in 25 days!
Since 1977, IIASA’s annual 3-month Young Scientists Summer Program(YSSP) offers research opportunities to talented young researchers whose interests correspond with IIASA’s ongoing research on issues of global environmental, economic and social change. From June through August accepted participants work within the Institute’s research programs under the guidance of IIASA scientific staff. Funding is provided through IIASA’s National Member Organizations.
The stipend varies slightly among NMOs, but usually it is EUR 1310 per month plus airfare. Please visit the website link below to see the details.
Level and Area of Studies
Research program in one these fields: Air Quality and Greenhouse Gases, Advanced Systems Analysis, Ecosystem Services and Management, Energy, Evolution and Ecology, Risk and Resilience, Transitions to New Technologies, Water and World Population.
Place of Study
The research will be taken in Austria.
Eligibility and Criteria
All interested candidates are required to satisfy the requirements as follow:
- have research experience corresponding to a level typical of a researcher about 2 years prior to receiving a PhD or equivalent degree.
- a summer research proposal that clearly fits the interdisciplinary research agenda of a selected IIASA program; before starting your application we recommend to get in touch with representatives of the program(s) of your choice.
- ability to work independently as well as to interact with other scientists;
- fluency in English and the ability to communicate in a scientific environment; and
- applicants from all countries are welcome. However, IIASA gives priority to citizens or residents of countries in which IIASA has a National Member Organization (NMO)
- applicants must commit to staying for the entire program. Up to five days of leave may be approved by supervisors for participation in conferences and/or for personal reasons.
- candidates already holding a PhD degree by application deadline are asked to consider applying to IIASA’s postdoc program.
There is no nationality restriction.
The application should be made through the online system at the website and application link below.
11 January 2019.