The YoungArts’ national art competition is now open for summer round. This is especially available for 15 – to 18-year-old visual, literary or performing artist in the United States. A range of benefits will be given the winners, including cash up to $10, 000. The deadline is 16 October 2020.
Writing encompasses creative nonfiction, novel, play or script, poetry, short story and spoken word. The strongest submissions demonstrate a sense of inventiveness, show attention to the complexities and technical aspects of language, and have a clear, original, and distinct point of view.
The winners of the Youngarts’ National Art Competition will be granted benefits as follow:
- Cash awards (up to $10, 000)
- Mentorship by accomplished artists
- A lifetime of creative and professional support
- A peer network of distinguished artists
- Nomination for U.S. Presidential Scholar in the Arts
- National recognition
Level and Area of Studies
Place of study
Eligibility and Requirement
- Be a citizen of the United States or permanent resident/green card recipient (copy of the documentation is required in the application)
- Be in grades 10–12 or 15–18 years of age on December 1 of the year you are applying
- Have not already been named a YoungArts finalist and previously attended National YoungArts Week.
Complete the YoungArts application on Acceptd, including required documentation and audition or portfolio materials, by the deadline. Pay the $35 application fee or get a fee waiver.
16 October 2020