The Yousria-Loza Sawiris Scholarship is now open. The Egyptian students who will be undertaking MDP program at the University of Minnesota are invited to apply. This Yousria-Loza Sawiris Scholarship is fully-funded award covering all of the related expenses. To apply, the application packet must be submitted no later than 15 December 2017.
The Sawiris Foundation for Social Development (SFSD) is proud to launch its new fully funded “Yousria – Loza Sawiris Scholarship Programme” for candidates seeking to earn a Masters of Development Practice (MDP) from the Humber H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota, USA.
Each of the successful applicants will receive benefit of full scholarship.
Level and Area of Studies
Masters of Development Practice program.
Place of Study
At the Humber H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota, USA.
Eligibility and Criteria
In order to be qualified for this Yousria-Loza Sawiris Scholarship, students must be satisfying the criteria as follow:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a well reputed academic institution in a related field of study
- Satisfy the entry requirements into the academic MDP program
- Demonstrate excellent professional and academic track record
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills (extracurricular activities/community work/entrepreneurial initiative)
- Demonstrate inability to finance studies from own resources
- While no specific experience or academic track is required, students with a strong liberal arts education background and sound quantitative and analytical skills will be best prepared for academic success at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs
- Previous coursework in mathematics, statistics, and economics is recommended.
- English language proficiency is required. Valid TOEFL or IELTS exam scores with a minimum of 600 (paper-based), 250 (computer-based), 100 (internet-based, minimum 22 on each section) on the TOEFL, or 7 for the IELTS
- A valid Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score is required
Only Egyptian students are invited to apply.
Please download and complete the application form at the website and application link below.
15 December 2017.