The National Driving and Traffic School is pleased to invite applications for the Youth Forward Scholarship Program. Candidates should be enrolled at high school, college or university. Three winners will selected to receive $500 each.
National Driving and Traffic School is proud to announce their scholarship opportunity, entitled “Youth Forward.” The company is seeking applicants for six $500 scholarships rewarding a deserving youth – either enrolled as a High School Sophomore, Junior, or Senior or as a College Freshman – on the topic of voluntarism and youth.
Each of the successful applicants will be granted $500.
Level and Area of Studies
High school and college level in all subjects.
Place of Study: Not specified.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in either High School, University or College as a full-time student (2015-2016 school year).
- Employees and relatives of National Driving and Traffic School are ineligible.
The U.S. citizens are welcome to apply.
To apply, submit an essay of less than 500 words in Microsoft Word format addressing the following questions:
- What is the area in which you have chosen to volunteer (e.g., homelessness, anti-drunk driving, youth art programs, etc.).? Why did you choose it?
- How many hours per year / week / month have you volunteered?
- What are / were your responsibilities as a volunteer?
- What has been your biggest challenge as a volunteer?
- What has giving you the most satisfaction as a volunteer?
- What have you learned from your volunteer position?
- How are your interests and career goals in alignment with that volunteer focus, or perhaps not?
- Looking towards the future, how do you see your activities as “forward looking?” What does “forward looking” mean to you?
- What change do you seek to foster in the world via your volunteer activities?
- If you were to come back in ten, twenty, or even thirty, years do you think your volunteer activities would have “made a difference?” How so?
- May 1st : application deadline; winner chosen 5/30. Winners Chosen
- September 1st : application deadline; winner chosen 9/30.
- December 1st : application deadline; winner chosen 12/31.